• Published Date

    April 22, 2019
    Learn More, Click Here.

Ad Text

ROADSIDE SPRAYING This year the Cottonwood County Highway Dept. will again be spraying road side ditches. In an attempt to accommodate use for haying, the County will allow individual owners to come into the office to sign up for areas of roadside ditches they do not want sprayed. Previous no spray areas will not be recognized in 2019. Landowners and renters must come to the Highway shop (1355 9th Ave., Windom) and sign up. Or go to highway/forms/ and fill out and send in a no spray request with map. Areas not to be sprayed shall be marked on a map, and the owners shall then be held responsible for vegetation control. Vegetation control in the right-of-way includes brush, trees, thistle, leafy spurge and other noxious weeds Should the weed inspector notify us, or itf problem areas are found, the County will spray those areas and bill the property owner accordingly. All applications and maps must be filled out by Friday, May 17, 2019.